Last updated on July 3rd, 2018
If your skin is dried out, looks flaky and feels itchy, then you have dry skin. To take care of the dry skin and to avoid it worsen further, you need to follow a daily skin care regime. The skin requires essential nutrients both internally & externally to maintain its health. If not treated, dry skin leads to fine lines and wrinkles at an early stage of aging. There are varieties of anti-aging serum available in the market that can help you treat wrinkles. These anti-aging products remove wrinkles as well as fine lines from your skin without any side effects. With these products, you can maintain the health of your skin to delay the process of aging.
Here are some tips to maintain the health of a dry skin:
Cleansing & Moisturizing
- Hot water can increase the dryness of the skin. Take your showers using warm water and avoid having long baths. Closing the door while bathing further helps retain the humidity and moisture.
- Use soap-free and gentle shower gel for bathing. Do not use too much cleanser.
- Gently dry yourself after bathing with a towel and immediately apply moisturizer to the body.
- Apply a moisturizer every time after you wash your hands or face.
- Next, apply a sunscreen with SPF 15-30 on your body parts that are exposed to the sun.
- Before going to bed, wash your face with a soap-free cleanser and apply a moisturizing serum.
- Apply a lip balm or butter to avoid chapped lips and retain the moisture of the lips. Use lip balms that contain SPF as well.
Eating The Right Food
- Fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants and Vitamin A, B & C are recommended for dry skin.
- Water-based fruits and vegetables help dry skin as well.
- Adding vegetable salads to your lunch and dinner helps provide your body the required nutrients.
- Desserts can be healthier if fruits and yogurt are added to them.
Drinking Loads Of Fluids
- Dry skin needs lots of water as the water from the skin evaporates quickly in the sun or cold climate
- Drink at least 3 liters of water every day to flush out all the toxins from the body.
- Fruit juices and vegetable soup can supply rich nutrients to your diet.
- Before sleeping, have a glass of milk with some strawberries.
Weekly Home Care
- Once a week, follow a skin care process to heal dry skin.
- Massage your skin with a cloth in circular motions to remove the dry skin before using a gentle cleanser and moisturizer.
- Use a homemade gentle face mask for the skin or purchase a natural one that will hydrate and moisturizes your skin.
Atmosphere In The House
- Yes, the place where you spend most of your time also affects your skin.
- Use a humidifier to generate more humidity in your house or workplace.
- Avoid being in front of an open flame or heat source as it can dry your skin
- Wear gloves when going out in the cold or when you have to do tasks that can wet your hands.
- If the dryness of your skin does not reduce after following this daily skin care routine, then you need to visit a dermatologist.